First off, I want to say that it is snowing here in Boston! After C and I were done working out this morning, it started to snow. The walk back to our apartment from the gym was freezing, but it was beautiful to see the snow falling on top of all the leaves.
Second, I finally have the time to post up the recipe for the pumpkin banana bread that I promised last week! This bread is so delicious and it’s super healthy!
The bread is a mix between a cake, bread, and brownie! C told me that it’s almost like a pumpkin brownie, and loved it so much that he ate most of it!
There was no oil or butter involved either since it was moist enough from the bananas and pumpkin. I reduced the sugar content to only 1/4 cup too since the bananas were sweet enough. I also sprinkled some oats on top at the last second just because it looks prettier, but you can omit that if you want.
Just look at how moist it is! The bread is also great as a post-workout meal, on top of your oatmeal, or just as a snack!
Healthy Pumpkin Banana Bread //yield 8 servings
Recipe adapted from Add A Pinch
3 ripe bananas, peeled
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 1/2 cup oat flour
1/2 cup almond meal
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup raw almonds, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F and spray one 9×5 loaf pan or line it with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix bananas and sugar until well-blended.
3. Then add in the pumpkin puree and mix until creamy.
4. Next add in the oat flours, almond meal, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and salt and mix well.
5. Fold in the chopped almonds.
6. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes or until a fork inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes, slice and enjoy!
Nutritional facts per serving: 238 calories, 32g carbs, 10g fats, 8g protein