Yesterday I wanted to surprise my fiance, C, with a delicious lunch since he was studying for his dental exam and didn’t have time to cook with me. When I found a recipe for thai chicken that only contain simple ingredients that I already have on hand and doesn’t take a long time, I knew I had to make it for C. It only took me a little less than 30 min to put everything together since I have already marinade the chicken in the fridge for 3 hours and made the sauce ahead of time. C was in his room when I surprised him with this meal and he loved it! I think this might be a new favorite meal for both of us.
Thai Chicken Tacos With Peanut Dressing
Recipe adapted from Emily Bites
Yield 2-3 servings
Chicken & Marinade Ingredients:
1 1/2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp honey
1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp garlic
1 tsp sirarcha
1/8 tsp chili peppers
1lb raw boneless chicken breast, cubed
Peanut Sauce Ingredients:
1 Tbsp peanut butter
1/2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1/2 Tbsp water
1/8 tsp garlic
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1/8 tsp sirarcha
1/2 tsp brown sugar
1/16 tsp sesame oil
4 small whole wheat tortillas
1/2 cup shredded lettuce
1. To create the marinade, combine the soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, lemon juice, garlic, sirarcha, and chili peppers from the first set of ingredients in a small bowl and mix. Pour the marinade in a ziplock bag and add in the cubed chicken. Seal the bag and shake to coat the chicken. Put the bag in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
2. Preheat a nonstick skillet on medium heat and spray the pan with cooking spray. Add half of the chicken and cook until the juice run clear. Repeat with the other half of the chicken.
3. While the chicken is cooking, preheat another skillet and heat the tortilla. Flip it over and heat the other side. Continue until all the tortillas are heated.
4. To make the sauce, combine the peanut butter, soy sauce, water, garlic, black pepper, sirarcha, brown sugar, and sesame oil from the second list of ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
5. Top each tortillas with 2 oz of chicken, peanut sauce, lettuce. Enjoy!