I am always on a lookout for new healthy recipes to try and when I found a simple cottage cheese recipe, I knew I had to give it a try. Like my fiance, C, I am not too fond of cottage cheese. I hate the taste and texture of it. However, you can barely taste the cottage cheese in these pancakes. I promise you. You can make these pancakes sweet by adding cinnamon, pumpkin spice, etc. or savory by adding bacon seasoning, S+P, etc. The possibilities are endless.
These pancakes taste great topped with some eggs and avocados that I made a few nights ago or with spicy curry shredded chicken that C and I made last night in the crockpot.
Cottage Cheese Pancakes
Yield 2 servings
1/2 cup ground oats
1/2 cup cottage cheese
2 large eggs
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1. Ground the oats in your blender.
2. Next add in the cottage cheese, eggs, baking soda and salt and blend until a batter form.
3. Preheat a non-stick skillet on middle heat and spray with cooking spray.
4. Slowly pour in the pancake batter by spoonful in the middle of the skillet.
5. Let the pancake cook until the edges are slightly hard and flip it over and cook the other side.
6. Top the pancakes with whatever toppings you desire.